The Developmental Education Task Force (DETF) is charged to review developmental education practices throughout the CCCS and make recommendations on what steps the system will take to become the premier purveyor of developmental education in more streamlined and efficient ways, resulting in greater student success.
Through data and research in structure and policy, the DETF will holistically examine the role that developmental education plays in overall student success. The DETF will:
- Review and clarify the purpose of developmental education and analyze implications for policy and practice resulting from a clarified purpose.
- Review current system policies and practices related to developmental education and propose revisions that will promote greater student success in alignment with sound academic principles and practice.
- Investigate and analyze measures of success, data reports and studies on success of developmental education students.
- Examine structures for developmental education, highlighting innovative and successful strategies, improving the student experience and identifying barriers to success.
- On the basis of a comprehensive review, recommend broad strategies and specific initiatives related to developmental education that should be pursued by Colorado’s Community College System Colleges, leading to enhanced outcomes for student learning and success.